Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Just For Ria...

...you had an eye for colour and a style that I so admired and knew I could never achieve so when you were selling some quilts, we bought 2 knowing that we had acquired some really special things....

Every quilt was a journey for you and an adventure to the onlooker....


You were so good to my boys, giving each a quilt lie on...

and to learn to crawl on...


You gave me some orphans blocks and scraps which I have put together, but not completed...


I am too sad to do it now.
I shall miss you...

I hope your journey to the next place is kinder to you than the j0urney you have just had. Rest in peace dear Friend.

13 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like a wonderful friend...

Unknown said...

How sad to lose a friend but the quilts will always be her lasting legacy to wrap you in her love

dutchcomfort said...

Sorry to hear about loosing a dear and talented friend. Ria sounds like a sweetheart. Take care!

Andrea said...

What gorgeous quilts that will always remind you of your special friend xxx

Fran said...

Sorry to hear your news x

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hugs for your grief. So glad that you have these quilts and great memories.

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Sounds like she was a special friend.

katepang said...

A very sad loss, but how wonderful that your friend has left so many memories and heirlooms, that will continue her memory in such a positive way, long into the future.

wadenest@gmail.com said...

So so sorry to hear of your loss...now would be a good time for us to get together...thinking of you sweet friend and know that my heart understands. Nichole

Lynda said...

Sad days, but precious memories.

Pinktulip said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. It seems she was a fantastic person.

Ruth's Place said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.

((hugs))

Bec said...

Very sad to hear about your friend. She left behind some amazing work - her quilts are stunning! The orphan blocks and scraps she gave you look fantastic how you have put them together. Keep her close with thoughts....