The picture below is more true to colour, but the picture above shows the white print more...
If anybody knows who makes it and where I can buy some from, I would be most grateful. (I bought it about 3 years ago at the Harrogate Quilt show and can't remember who I bought it from or who prints it!) When working out my Lily layout, I realised that even though I am probably going to use a plain white for the setting triangles, I am still a few inches short of the white on white rose fabric for my flower blocks :-((
The foundation-pieced rose panel is now sewn in to my hexagons! I English-paper-pieced it in so I needed a big piece of paper :-) As I recall it was something like 13.5" x 20.5"!
And even though my garden is completely ungardened, a few years back, I put these Grape Hyacinth bulbs in and this year they have really come into their own...
They are so pretty, they even make the weeds look good :-)
6 comments:
LOvely flowers!
Gah, no idea what it's called, sorry but I *do* recognise it and although I can't remember the name of the stall that sells it either (I know I'm useless aren't I?!) I know he pitches up at all the big shows, so almost certainly he will be at Malvern, which I'm going to in a couple of weeks time. He/they pile their fabrics up and they are usually quite cheap (the WOW is about a fiver a metre from memory) I'll get some for you.
Forgot to say that Paper pieced rose is just gorgeous, you have done a really lovely job with all those hexies, the quilt is going to look so good when it's finished.
I had some similar, but not exact...the roses are brown on white though. No info on the selvage either...I'll keep a peeper out on my way up to mom's. Hope you find some! I'm the same way...I buy snippets here and there and then when I REALLY need a big piece, I always run out! Your quilt is beautiful, both of them...and the flowers too. So sweet! Nichole/The Happy Wren
Hi I was looking for some white fabric on ebay just this week and one of the regular fabric shops I deal with happened to have some white on white flower pattern fabric which I didn't actually want I just wanted plain white.Anyway if you go on ebay into the advanced search and click on search by seller then type in the I.D daisydungaree all one word and send her an email requesting a picture it might just be what your looking for?
good luck,Georgie x
I have never seen the fabric before. The Grape Hyacinth bulbs are beautiful.
Post a Comment