Sunday, 18 April 2010

Passing on the Quilting bug

Yesterday my lovely friend M came to visit. M had phoned during the week and said that she wanted to come and sew. Horrors!! My sewing room looks like the washing machine and tumble dryer have been breeding and there are childrens clothes everywhere!! (Due to my current disability it's easier if I have a stock of clothes downstairs for dressing little people, but it's getting ridiculous!) Anyway, M came and I asked what she wanted to sew... As she had nothing special in mind I showed her my Lilies...




and my hexagons...



M liked the hexagons so I have started her off her with a bag full of my spare hexagons already over papers. I look forward to her progress and I am delighted that my friend has an interest in this crazy hobby of mine :-)

While the hexagons were out to show M, I got to thinking about all the lovely rose fabrics I have received lately and the fact that it's only stalled because I need to put the rose panel in:

So I have cut templates for the edges and as soon as I have them in I will be ready for assembling the panel to the pieced hexagons...


Once the panel is in I can get ready to put the whole top together and after that I will just need to do the filling in of odd bits and most of the edges... So not much really :-) and I plan to tackle it soon... (except I have Lilies on the brain LOL)

I have been trying to decide on a Lily layout...


And I am pleased to have the help!

I guess he must think it's like a jigsaw :-)



A parting shot of the little ones on the farm trying to make a big escape!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you are passing the sewing bug. Hexagons are a great way to get started.

Love your lily quilt..looks like you have made some good progress on it.

wadenest@gmail.com said...

I love love love your projects! It makes me want to do the hexagon thing too! I've seen it, just not sure how to start on that...it might be something new to obsess about? Is the rose a paper piecing project? Have a great day! Can you ship me one of those cute sheeplings? Nichole/The Happy Wren

dutchcomfort said...

The best way to enjoy stitching is together with a friend!

And.... sorry I missed your BirthDay!
Happy belated Birthday Karol-Ann!!!

Bec said...

That is so good to have a friend interested in sewing with you!
Your Carolina Lilies are coming along beautifully! Gorgeous lambs...

YankeeQuilter said...

The lilies look gorgeous and the lambs sooo cute...I miss them! Many of the antique lilly quilts have the blocks set on point...