I phoned to check the spelling of her name for the label and learned that they had decorated her room in non-gender specific colours i.e. reds and creams, but I love that this little quilt/playmat... is very gender specific. I think for Mom's like me, who only have boys it's nice to make something pink once in a while!!
The back is beautiful soft flannel from the same range of fabric and the fabric is all (except the shocking pink) from my win on VickW's blog way back when. I made the label from a scrap piece of pink monkey fabric...
I do hope she likes it enough to use it, throw up on it etc etc - :-)
My Double Delight is back from the Longarmers. It could have been here months ago, but I guess not every one knows that you should never leave a message with my husband if you want me to get it :-)))
I still need to unpack it and to decide on the binding for it, but I can't wait as it will live on our bed as soon as it's done!
Yesterday we did an Easter Egg hunt with the boys in the garden. I love this photo of what looks like a strategy meeting :-)
And they liked the baskets I made them too!
10 comments:
Love your cheeky monkey quilt - it will be treasured i'm sure.
loving that sweet monkey quilt. Gives me hope that something may come from the charm pack of monkeys I bought.
monkeys on pogo sticks - how cute !!!
I absolutely love it and the label is very clever!
Lovely the monkey quilt!
Bear regards,
Beertje Zonn
Your boys look so intent on their search! The quilt looks great...
Her friend will love the quilt and the baby especially! Don't worry about the "color" theme...we all realize that once a baby arrives, it isn't about the color it's about what is clean! :) Love your quilt, it is just beautiful! Your boys are so sweet! Hope you have a great day! Nichole/The Happy Wren
Gorgeous Double delight and your baby quilt is gorgeous too! Well done!
Both quilts are beautiful. I am sure the boys are making a plan on how to find the eggs.
The baby monkey quilt is gorgeous! For you having boys, making girl things would make for a nice change.
Love the quilting on Double Delight, such a beautiful quilt!
Looks like the boys had fun on the easter hunt!
Post a Comment