Saturday, 24 April 2010

African Giveaway

I have been blogging for 3 years now so it's time for a little giveaway!
Leave a comment on this post and you could win an African panel and ten 5" charms of African fabric.

The charms are one of each of these fabrics:



And the panel is to make your own tea towel, apron and potholders...

I will pick a random winner on the 1st of May.


ps (I am going to get back to my lilies again and am desperate for some dark green pieces of tone on tone fabric for my leaves. If you would like to swap some for African fabric please let me know. We can swap 5" charms or whatever suits....Thank you)


On another note:
I recently won a giveaway on Nichole's blog, it's a gorgeous strawberry stitchery:



You can see more details of it on Nichole's blog, the Happy Wren Studio! Thanks Nichole.

Parting shots: kids!


The boys love the new lambs on the farm!


And this is what happens when you buy your child new shoes!


I went in to check on him before I went to bed and there he was, fast asleep with his new shoes on. I took them off and covered him up and the next morning he asked what had happened to his shoes in the night LOL.

15 comments:

Jen Price said...

Where are these from? We work in S. Africa but are back in the states for bit. These look just like fabrics from there...beautiful!

sewkalico said...

I am originally from Cape Town, South Africa. The panel and all my African fabrics have been purchased in South Africa, whilst out there staying with my family. Many of the fabrics originate from all over Africa including Senegal and the Ivory Coast, with others printed in Cape Town...

Unknown said...

And where were his shoes when he woke up? Hopefully somewhere near his bed!

Fran said...

Hi,
I have some dark green fabric - rather a lot actually, as it was a gift from a very kind friend who went to America and bought me loads of fabric. If you email me your address I will happily send you a piece.
Fran

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, I think I have some coming (not here yet, but soon) but I have to comment anyway on the boy and the shoes. How delightful. The lamb pic is pretty cute too.

Let me know what happens re the greens. You know I have some...

Andrea said...

I will have a sort through my greens tomorrow and see what I have. Your lilies are gorgeous. I meant to ask if all your background fabric is the same ? xx

YankeeQuilter said...

I sent off a squishy with some greens and reds just before the volcano went off...have no idea how long it will take to get over to you!

Vicki W said...

Happy Blogiversary! The boys are so cute!

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful are the African fabric and the photo new shoes I smile!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations on 3 years blogging! I’m glad we have met and I always enjoy your posts and pictures. Like the one of brand new shoes in bed! Please don’t count me in for the drawing of your gifts, I’ve been spoilt enough and need to get something done with my stash of African fabrics...LOL!

Aunty said...

i love the Africian fabrics. I haven't seen anything like them here in Queensland.

Millie said...

Congrats on 3 years in Blogland. As a South African I LOVE those fabric from South Africa. Your boys are very cute! Love the lamb picture.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the picture of the shoes - so very cute. It is lovely to see your new lambs. The African prints are so vibrant.

Gill said...

i love the african fabrics!
my children also used to wear their new shoes to bed!! not now though - they're 16, 18, 20

gill

wadenest@gmail.com said...

Hey! Love the fabrics and could use them to make something for my nephew--he's from Ethiopia! :) Enter me to win...and I might also like to swap you some fabric too! I am heading to my mom's and have to (HAVE TO) pass several great shops...let me know if you want me to pick up some dark greens to swap? Nichole/The Happy Wren
(i'm glad you got your pattern and so glad you like it :)