The flowers and white sections were English paper-pieced, the binding was made following the instructions (I think I may need another way to do this as I am not finding it so easy this way - this may be due to it being my first time at stems) and the leaves were appliqued over paper (my favourite way). As I will have to remove the papers at some point, it will be no extra bother to remove the papers from the leaves too :-)
I did manage to sit at my sewing machine for about 5 minutes to sew these few binding strips, but it was not fun. My leg is still learning to do normal things and it may take some time before I am running my sewing sweat shop again LOL.
I had the staples removed last week and nearly fainted. I shouldn't have looked, but they had such an interesting gadget to take the staples out that I was riveted for about the first five staples and then nauseous for the last twenty (or goodness knows how many there were!) Edit: there were 36!
I am pretty much set for reds now, with extra special thanks to Kandy, Vicky and Josie who gave me the most amazing amount of fabric that my mother (who doesn't get this fabric thing AT ALL) thinks I should open a shop. Thank you so very much. Now who's got some greens LOL.
13 comments:
One down - how many more to go ? It's looking lovely - I love paper piecing - think I will do some of my hexagons soon.
Olá, amiga!
Conheci seu cantinho... amei!!!
Lindo, criativo, alegre e inspirador!...
Esse floral é maravilhoso...
Você é muito talentosa... parabéns!
Um ótimo fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil
Oh, staples... I had a toenail that had to be chopped up once and my DH had to watch. He thought he was so tough and nearly passed out.
Your block looks great.
Wow, all this by hand? I admire quilters! At one stage I was crazy enough to contemplate making a quilt and once I read up on it, I decided NOT. It's really beautiful!
I think I would also faint if I have to see that. It's not funny if it's being done to you! It's almost as if it it more sore when you watch. Sure it's not true, but tell that to your brain!
I think the sweat shop is alive and well! Just the equipment is different! Hope you have a great weekend.
I love that block, and a quilt from it has been on my "someday" list since I was a young teenager looking at my grandmother's quilting books. Now I have all her books and still am looking at the same picture that drew me in all those (many) years ago. If I didn't already have so horribly many projects started already I'd join you on this journey. ( I may have to, anyway! ;-) )
Looks wonderful!! Take it slow and steady though...the sound of staples being removed sounds rather involved!!
Your block looks wonderful...bias stems can be a bit tricky. Hope your leg "relearns" quickly. Do you need some greens? I happen to have a table covered with them....
Sounds like you've really been through the wringer with your health -- hope your leg figures out what to do and you are good to go very soon!
The Carolina Lily is really, really pretty -- the reds are just lovely!
Did the doctor say you could sit and sew?
Amazing productivity - best wishes for a speedy recovery and maintenance of creative energy!
Hey there happy quilter! Fabric is good medicine and if you do have enough for a shop why not open one? Hmm?
Wonderful first lily block!! The stems look gorgeous! I learned to make them during appliqué class, it can be tricky!
Your leg will discover soon enough that you’re a happy camper when you run your sewing sweat shop!
Loooove Carolina Lilies...they are just so beautiful!
Post a Comment