I have made a start on a baby quilt for some friends who live very far away. The monkey fabric is from a very lucky win on Vicky W's blog. (See Vicky, I'm not just stashing it LOL.)
It is such gorgeous fabric and although I wanted a more complex design, I didn't want to lose the monkey's. I used a pattern from Ursula Reikes' book, 'More Quilts for Baby'. I have used this book several times before and it's great for quick quilts. It's almost a top, but now I just need to work on the borders...
I need to finish this quickly so hope to be able to show more soon.
13 comments:
I have a charm pack of those monkeys and have been mulling over what to make from them for nearly 12 months. Thanks for the lead in ...
That is going to be so cute!
So glad you are getting a little quilting time in! I've been thinking the same thing recently - so many swaps and small projects and so few actual quilts!
What fun! I've tried to cut way back on swaps, I have a few monthly ones but I have so much to do in my own UFO pile I can't justify more swap....and I miss doing them!
Great monkey quilt!
I love the monkey fabric. It makes such a cute quilt.
That's a great baby top. It will be finished quickly if you keep going like this.
About the press studs, you buy them with the explanations on how to fix them. Just a few taps with a hammer, on a special fitting kit. It's easy really.
Pascale.
So cute with the monkey fabric! Have a wonderful turn of the year and all the best in 2010!
Groeten, Corry
Brilliant pattern to showcase those monkey fabrics - super baby quilt :o)
Very fun fabric and a nice layout...you'll have this togegether in no time!
Very sweet monkey quilt!
Hurray for some much needed quilting time! You need to stay sane you know!
Cute fabric and pattern. Hope your 2010 is a great year!
Yes sometimes she quilts *LOL* Happy New Year!!!
The monkey fabric is perfect for a sweet baby quilt! Glad to see you have started the New Year off right with some quilting:)
Best wishes for an extra special 2010!
Post a Comment