Thursday, 17 December 2009

Not much computing = Lots of sewing

I have made many gifts this year and under our tree are the teacher's gifts waiting to be delivered...



They'll be receiving a selection of covered notebooks (for the ones who didn't get them before), shoppers, lavender sachets and/or cosmetic bags.

And I finally made myself a bag...



Believe it or not this bag was originally these trousers...



They were far too short, so they got recycled...


The heart pin on the bag is one of my advent swap gifts from Ailsa. Thanks Ailsa!

Some overdue thanks to Nicolette! I won a giveaway on Nicolette's blog and she included so many wonderful things that I was absolutely amazed by her generosity....


Nicolette kindly included some awesome rose fabrics which have come at the perfect time for me. Yes, it's almost hexagon time again :-( because in the New Year, all being well, I will be undergoing yet more corrective surgery on my femur. So I'll be digging the hexagon handwork out and keeping myself busy...


These will be perfect! Thanks Nicolette!

Sonnja of Beertje Zonn also sent me a wonderful parcel! A beautiful pincushion!


Thanks Sonnja.

I was recently given this bag and asked to make a 'boy' version...

This is what I came up with...


It was fun to do and hopefully the young man likes it..

On a non-sewing note, I was in yet another traffic jam...


This farmer bravely got his sheep across an 'A' road at about 4 miles an hour LOL.

A photo of some of the 'paddy fields' around here...


This photo was taken quite a few days after the heavy rains.

The boy's had their first nativity shows this year. I got to make my first ever shepherd's costume (and wise man's cloak for a friend).

This is the older children's show held in the beautiful village church...


Both boys starred as a shepherds in the Nursery version held at school :-)



The lights have been up in local villages for a while...


It's starting to feel Christmassy around here!

9 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

LOVE the sheep picture! And the boy bag is terrific.

Vicki W said...

You certainly have been busy!!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Enjoyed all of this post... but mostly the children. They are so sweet!

Have a blessed Christmas!

loulee said...

Phew! Well now I'm all worn out.

FeatherDuster said...

Pretty tree. I've always done mine with white twinkly lights.

If you've gotta spend time in a traffic jam, that's the kind to be in, isn't it! ;)

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!! Love the pic of the children in their costumes. I had to make the DD2 an Angel Gabriel costume! Lucky I had some white poly cotton at the back of the cupboard! :o)

Kim said...

Great bags and such nice gifts. I know you'll put those rose fabrics to good use and enjoy the gifts. The kids are always so dear in those Christmas programs!

How lovely the countryside is there where you live. I want to visit there someday. It's difficult to imagine that it's real, lol, just so picture perfect. What a hoot that the sheep dog is riding on the tractor, lol, smart dog!

Beautiful Christmas tree. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Made in Great Britain :) Lovely bag you made for yourself. Your little men are very cute shepherds.

dutchcomfort said...

Love to see your kids in the costumes!!