Sunday, 4 October 2009

Good luck, bad luck, frozen peas...

The Good Luck?
I have been undeservedly spoilt again!
Not 1, but 2 random acts of kindness!

Thanks Jodi for inviting me to join the Hedgehog revolution.



Actually, in this house they are called 'Hehodge's', but that's because some people in this house are only little :-)

Thanks also to Kandy. Kandy offered to send me some bobbins, but sent me lots of other lovely things too!


Look at the size of this gorgeous Log Cabin.

I love Log Cabins, but scrappy mini ones are even cuter!

The Bad Luck?
Well that's why we needed the frozen peas! Yes, there was blood on the trampoline!!! I was playing with the boys when DS1 ran into me as I bent my head over and hit me full on the nose with his knee. I heard a crack and was suddenly gushing blood. Blood ran down my arms, covered my hands, I thought I was going to choke, I had so much blood in my mouth and throat, but I remained semi-calm. I sent him in to get daddy, held my head back, used my sock(!) to stop the flow of blood and cried and laughed at the same time!! DH said not to bother with the hospital, just lie down, put some frozen peas on the swelling and not to worry as it's not too skew LOL.



(It's not easy taking a shot of your own nose ;-)
It looks ok now, so there's no more lying down for me. I had better get cracking on my made gift for DS2's birthday!

12 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

OUCH! That looks really, really sore!

dutchcomfort said...

OMG, that’s a scary experience! My mum once broke her nose and the blood was everywhere. I hope you feel better now!

Those lovely gifts make up for all the missery!

Take care!

Unknown said...

That's pretty impressive and you weren't even playing rugby - hope the soreness wears off soon

Andrea said...

Ow, ow, ow !! Dangerous business this bouncing around. I suspect your nose came off a lot worse than DS1's knee. Good old Birds Eye - lol !

YankeeQuilter said...

I knew there was a reason I kept frozen peas around....

Hope you heal up quickly!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, that hurts just looking at the photo. Did your eyes blacken too? Now for the fun of inventing stories to tell people who ask what happened!

Unknown said...

This is not at all funny, then I mean your broken nose not the lovely gifts you got.

Heleen said...

Oh jee, that must have hurt so bad... I hope you get better real fast!

Anonymous said...

THAT will make for a good story to tell his first girlfriend!! Hope you are on the mend soon!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you are making a good recovery! I can sympathize - my nose was never the same after i was accidentally hit by a golf club.

Jodie said...

That must have been a bit of a shock....

Poor thing he must have been a bit scared with all the blood???

Kandy Newton said...

Ooh, that looks nasty and very painful - poor you, but impressive that you managed to stay in 'good Mummy mode' and remained semi-calm. I'm quite sure if it were me, my language would have been "parental advisory". I hope you are feeling a bit better now?

Still, looking on the bright side, plenty of colour inspiration eh};-p

Ok, ducking and running now......

K x