Lately, I have been helping a friend with her sewing which has inspired me to be more creative in my own sewing...
So I made these pencil cases/cosmetic purses using an assortment of trims that I have been collecting for some time now. Christmas is coming (Ho Ho Ho) and I'd like it to be a crafty one. I was telling another friend that I may make her something for Christmas and she replied "Yes, I like the whole Mother Earth thing". Mother Earth!! Huh! An apron for her then!!!
I have also made a little girl's birthday present:
A gift for a new baby boy in the village:
And I have also been working on my hexagons again.
On the house front, DH got the floor up, so that we could get a new floor down (long story!) Hopefully completed kitchen pictures to follow!!
And look at the leaves around here... the seasons are changing - such a metaphor for life, eh?
27 comments:
Love your post today. The pics are great. I would love for you to be helping me with my sewing quilting ,etc, I am sure I woud learn so much. I would love to be in your giveaway, I know it will be very special.Just read Nicolette's blog and congrats on wining her giveaway. Have a great day my friend. HUgs, Marie
My favorite colour? Blues and greens, I can't separate them sorry! I'm not sure why, but that's always the way I go.
Well done on reaching 300 posts. I'd love to be in the draw.
I love this time of year, well the crunch of the leaves under foot and the pretty colours. Not so sure about the wet soggy leaves underfoot after the rain though! LOL
Sounds exciting! My favourite colours are pinks and purples. I'm sewing like crazy for the school fundraiser, so it would be nice to have something made for me ;-)
Fran
Glad the kitchen is coming along -- I'm sure it will be a relief to have it done! That rose quilt will be amazing when it's done!
Congrats on the milestone. So glad to see you working on the rose quilt again. As for me, I am pretty partial to blue.
300 posts... Congratulations!
With my crazy blogtoberfest posting I will be there shortly!
The kitchen will be wonderful... whe finished..LOL!
Don’t count me in for the give-away, you’ve spoilt me with gorgeous stuff so often already!
Sorry Nicolette, but you're in the draw (especially as I just won your Pinktober giveaway!!)
All comments on this post qualify as long as I have a way of contacting the winner!
Not wanting to curry favouritism or anything but it IS my birthday today - lol ! I love blues and browns and purples but not reds or oranges. That kitchen looks almost there xxx
Hooray for 300! I've had so much fun reading your blog since I first stumbled upon it.
My favorite color is turquoise/blue/green - anything in there!
I love seeing your hexagons again. They've inspired me to start my own snowflake & star hexagon quilt.
Fall is here too!
Happy 300th post!!!
Thank you for your giveaway opportunity - my favourite colours at the moment are teal, blues and golds - near enough my whole home is decorated with teal/duck egg blues.
Congratulations on your 300th post! Keep on posting, I enjoy your blog!
I love your hexagon quilt, it will be a beauty!!!
Your husband has done an amazing job on that kitchen! Congrats on your 300th post too. I enjoy every one of them!
What a good post... lots to look at and congrats on 300. This is a milestone!
My favorite colors are fall shades, but I like almost everything except pink/magenta and navy not so much.
Glad to see your kitchen progress. We are having new flooring laid next month (kitchen, dining, LR and hall) essentially the main floor. That will be an interesting disruption. I sympathize with what you have to do to make lunch!
congrats on your 300 posts..........you have been busy in this posts lots of sewing..........pencil cases are fun to make.........
looking forward to the next 300...........time sure does fly.........enjoy your journey.........
Congrats on 300 posts. I think my favourite fabric colour has to be blue..or red...really depends on the day :o)
The hardest colour to gravitate to and buy is green...don't know why, just is!!
congratulations. I still have a long way to go to reach that number. the pencil cases look cute, I have to remember your use of ribbons, I have lots of those but forget to use them. the pink bag is adorable. did it have that print or did you add (some of)it? every time I see your rose quilt it reminds me I should check my stash for some rose fabric for you. made a hexagon quilt once and enjoyed it all the way.
my favorite colors are autumn colors including purple.
Woo Hoo! 300 posts already! Geez time flies by. I've been working with so many different colours lately that I don't really have a favourite. Won't be long and that kitchen will be complete, he's done a fabulous job!
It has been a hard day, and it has been made even worse by the news of the latest famine in Ethiopia and the BNP getting lots of publicity as a result of being on Question Time, but it is always cheering to see you making progress with your rosy hexagons so thanks for a lovely post today.
I'm so tired I can't even work out what give-away I'm trying to win but count me in, though I don't like browns or beiges or yellows. (Does that count me out????)
Best
Joyce
(PS Thanks for email. Still figuring out the bag.)
That kitchen is starting to look very near completion now - it will be wonderful
As for colours my absolute favourite is teal green/peacock blue shades but you know me I just love colours across the spectrum
My name is Guðrún and I am a very lucky person because I "know" you. You have been very creative lately.
Ah, yes, the changing of the season, wish ours didn't skip autumn this year! Straight to the snow we went. You leaves are pretty bits of gold.
I see your hubby is still having his ups and downs, tee hee.
The Rosie Hexagon quilt is growing nicely and lucky kids who received your gifts...little pout, I wanted the Fairy Princess bag! And I see that the middle zippered bag has already been claimed by a sweet young boy!
My latest thing is brown, pink and robins egg blue. I love jewel tones, I am not a fan of the primary colors. I think this comes from being limited to primary colored Crayola Crayons while in Kindergarten! You know eventually I got the box with aaaall of the colors! Hope you did too. :o)
Happy Autumn to you over there in the Yorkshire Dales!
First chance to stop by all week! Your kitchen is looking superawesomegreat (that's our new buzz word at work this week lol).
The hexagons are going to be stunning when finished.
I know I'm behind, but when did DS2 get old enough for school?!!
I'm not entering your giveaway, instead I just wanted you to know how happy I am to have found your blog. It's a delight! I found you through a comment you left on Stillmeadow Quilting. When your header pulled up with the beautiful quilt, all I could say was "Wow!" I'm having fun reading through and getting to know you. I'm going to become a follower. Thanks for adding joy to my day!
Hi,
Congrats on your blog posts! I love green and pink - thanks for a fun giveaway!
Congratulations! Wow, 300 posts...that's a lot! Up to the next 300. My favorite color...well, I love all bright colors!
Congratulations on reaching 300 posts. My favorite colors are greens, blues, and browns. I'd love to be lucky!
Congratulations on 300 posts !! I look forward to reading your sewing adventures in the next 300. Your new kitchen is shaping up well.
Post a Comment