But then suddenly a bag of scraps caught my eye...
I decided I couldn't throw them out. I'd make blocks, blocks are better that strips... and blocks became more blocks...
I made 52 or so of these very scrappy log cabins. They work out a 6" finished size. Not sure what I'll do with them yet...
But once I started I couldn't stop. Definite scrap therapy and fun to do :-)
On the homefront, I awoke this morning to a small child chatting away about something. When I opened my eyes he was colouring....
his legs, his hands, my bed sheet, my elbow...
10 comments:
ROFLOL...I'm sorry but your young artist is just too funny! Lol...
I have a better 'art' story than that - when Sarah was about 2 or 3 Nigel was tiling the bathroom and had left all his tile cutting tools etc on the landing floor just outside the bathroom - all at once he heard her saying 'I'm painting daddy' - thinking what the heavens has she got into now he burst out of the bathroom to discover the apple of his eye 'painting' patterns on a bathroom tile in blood from a cut finger after touching some of the sharp edges - as you can imagine I was summoned from some other part of the house to retrieve, bandage and occupy her forthwith. Even now she's the one out of our three who always loves to muck in when there's DIY work to be done with Dad!
ps - hope they were washable felt tip pens
Such an artistic soul, you must be so proud of him. ;-)
Nice colour on those legs...Take heart, I hear a rather funny story from a friend about her son and a similar incident. Unbeknownst to her, her son had been experimenting with colouring his hands with black, green and blue markers and then proceed to verify that a certain appendage was still attached. She washed his hands clean, but did discover the colour transfer to his body until later when she was getting him ready for a bath. She almost took him to A & E because she thought it was bruising! Fortunately though she realized it was marker and it all washed off in the bath!
On Jane's comment - that'll teach him to leave it alone!
Oh, my! Lovely blocks. My daughter's crafting consists of cutting up whatever fabric Mommy is silly enough to leave within her reach!
What a wonderful way to spend time making scrap blocks. You really were productive! Love the colored legs, he could easily set the next fashion trend.
Amazing how one can get sidetracked completely when planning to make something. Happens to me all the time. I have learnt not to let it bother me. If you "force" yourself to sew something you are not keen on you make mistakes and don't enjoy it.
Love the "little artist" story! My oldest son got hold of crayons when he was about 4 or 5 years old and loved to draw on walls, furniture and anything he was not allowed to draw on. Then he stopped doing it. This is where I should have been suspicious...Then I discovered his "artwork" Picasso style under his bed! He had been going under his bed for days, drawing on the wall! It took quite a while to clean and a trip to the shops to buy a bigger canvas for him to draw on.
Good for you to have a sewing therapy. I just say as Anne, I hope the colouring pens were washable.
Post a Comment