Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Happy Dance

I am very fortunate to have met some great friends through blogging. I was completely taken by surprise when one of these friends sent me a 'Just because'.

Just because... I am African (ok, South African, but I'm still African)...

Just because... Andrea saw this pattern of African Ladies doing a happy dance...

Just because... Andrea thought of me...





Thank you Andrea. I love it, it gives me a very happy feeling when I look at it and I think it's just stunning!
ps Andrea is also known as Welsh Quilter and when the card said 'to remind you of your other home' I wondered if she meant Wales (as my Dad was born there), this was obviously before I'd opened the parcel LOL

6 comments:

Kim said...

Gosh, look at the movement in this quilt, those happy ladies doing the dance of joy. Reminds me that I have not danced in such a very long time. Such a lovely and thoughtful gift Andrea...way to go, girl!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How nice of Andrea to send you that. It's always nice to get a little surprise in the mail isn't it?
Hugs

loulee said...

Wow, that really is a happy dance. What a wonderful gift.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, even in a small photo, I can hear the music!

Unknown said...

I am not surprised that it gives you a happy feeling. Andrea is a very good blogging friend.

dutchcomfort said...

I love this happy dance!! What a sweet gift!