The boys were a blur of excitement and activity.
Unfortunately the friends we stayed with were burgled while we were there and a lot of their possessions were lifted through the broken window. DH was also badly affected and had his laptop, camera, driver's license etc stolen.
3 months of holiday photos are now sadly in the hands of thieves which makes me wish I'd blogged more... so here's a gratutious rose photo taken on our friend's street...
Thankfully Sonnja's bear's were released a few days before our departure so Ruth and I were able to deliver them. I had never seen a Beertje Zonn in person and they are stunning!
Thank you to Sonnja for making them for sick children and for allowing me to spread some joy by delivering them.
15 comments:
How sad to have your things stolen, sad and scary and really really annoying! I'm glad the bears were delivered at last and while you were able to see to the delivery. Nice to know you are home again.
Kim
I am so sorry to hear about the theft...after being mugged in Barcelona I have started keeping my extra photo cards separate from my laptop and camera...
I'm so sorry about the theft! Not your best welcome back present. But I am glad that you got to deliver the bears, it's such a wonderful project.
So sad that someone stole from you and your friends. I am glad you got to help distribute the bears.
How funny, I just realized that "Hugs From Helen"'s post title is
"To market, to market
jiggety jig"!!!
Takes me back to childhood:
To market, to market, to buy a fat pig.
Home again, home again, jiggety jig.
Is this a coincidence? LOL.
That's very sad that someone's stolen your holiday pic. I hope Kharma bites them in the butt!
The bears look so cute all bundled together!
Glad to hear you're back in one piece albeit a bit shaken after that experience - the boys look like they had an absolute ball at the museum
Glad to hear you got back safely. Sorry about the burglarly :(
The bears are stunning and it was fun delivering them with you.
Welkom by die huis, maar ek is so jammer julle goed is gesteel. Dit is baie baie sleg. Ons vlieg Maandag en sal Dinsdag in SA wees. Ek is so opgewonde.
Welcome back to England. So sorry to hear about the theft, some people are so cruel.
We really must take our son to the science museum some time.
Glad you are back, not glad about the theft though. It is a violation that sticks in the memory. Maybe the lost will be found?
At least there are sunny bits to this too, and the bears and the blurry picture of your children having fun can shove the other stuff out of your thoughts.
blessings...
Welcome home...
I'm gutted for you that you lost your pictures to those idiots. I could just scream for you. I guess the good thing is that no one was hurt and that things can be replaced...though it doesn't ease the frustration.
((hugs))
Welcome home. How sad to have your "pictures" stolen. Sonnja is doing great things making these beers.
Oh no, how terrible about your friends being burgled. What a nuisance. At least no one was hurt...
Sorry we didn't manage to hook up in town - bad timing on the part of the orthodontist, I guess. Next time, next time I hope!
Sonnja’s beertjes are wonderful! So great to see you deliver them with Ruth!
What an unwelcome return to the UK, to be burgled that way and to loose your pictures.
Post a Comment