Thursday, 4 June 2009

Enough about me, but never enough roses!


Last night I cut out hexagons from the gorgeous fabrics I gratefully and thankingly received from:
Tracy at Shine Shine,



(My visit to Shine Shine will get a whole other post though!)

Katie Z. of Zana's Ninis,



Carline of Lady of the Cloth,



and Wendy (no blog)

(Wendy and I swapped some Shwe-Shwe fabric for some quilt magazines).

I thought I would get a chance to baste these fabrics to the hexagon papers while I waited at the hospital today, but I barely sat for a minute: consultations, manipulations, x-rays, discussions, referrals... and not such good news. As DH says "it's not life-threatening so get on with it". So enough about me, let's get that hexagon quilt going again I thought!

So I got the 'bits' out and realised that I don't know where I was and what I had planned when I packed it away. Looks like I'll need a bit of time to put it together properly, maybe even permanently this time, to see which areas need filling etc. (Hence this hasty photo before I quickly packed it away before I find myself trying to get it together now.)



Then one day, hopefully not toooo long off, I will lay me down under my bed of roses and feel better, because every hexagon will tell me a story, remind me of someone or sometime and that's pretty cool me thinks!

6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. The rose quilt will be stunning and have such great memories to keep you warm.

Unknown said...

I am going to e-mail you.

jovaliquilts said...

I just love the idea that your rose quilt will have so many wonderful memories attached to it! Sorry you didn't get the best results at the hospital. Of course you have to get on with life, but it's still a bummer and I extend my sympathies.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I've never been a fan of this shape, but your arrangement with the roses and the colors is very appealing! Glad you have the good memories to go with it, and my prayers for a better medical report very soon!

Julie said...

Sorry you got not so good news about your ankle. What a bummer. I do indeed love your hexies.

KimP said...

Your rose quilt is going to be quite a stunner! I can't wait to see it all done -

Hope you are feeling better!