On the 16th of April, I decided to undergo LAZIK laser eye surgery. Wow!
The worst part was walking from the waiting room into the surgery, but 25 years of glasses and contact lenses are now a thing of the past so it was worth managing those few steps.
It was an 'interesting' operation and one that took a while to get my head around, but my surgeon made me feel very comfortable and had it not been for his soothing voice and quiet confidence I may still be wearing those dratted spectacles! So thank you Dr M!
(ps these South African succulents are called Desert Roses and they look better without glasses LOL)
(ps these South African succulents are called Desert Roses and they look better without glasses LOL)

20 comments:
Good for you! Imagine what roses will look like! You’ve never seen them for real!
Do you still recognize your familymembers??
he hee, I actually thought the pictures were fabric. I think I need Lasik surgery....
ps, got the VAT clearance for the bears. Will phone the depot tomorrow to ask about pickup...
DH wants me to get lasik, but I'm too chicken! I hope you enjoy it!
Desert Rose looks a bit (more than a bit) like what (we) I call "hens & chicks" (Mother & baby chooks)
I had that done several years ago and have never regretted it! Congratulations and enjoy!
You are stronger than me - I can't bear the thought of anyone cutting on my eyeball. Glad it all worked out so well! I really love those photos too.
Good for you. This is an amazing technology, isn't it! Our oldest son had the prelim exam yesterday and is getting his done May 7. He is excited too!
Check out www.elefantz.blogspot.com where she is doing a shabby rose BOM...I thought of you and your rose hexagons immediately when I saw it!
Congratulations! Good sight is such a gift.
You're so brave - I hope you still like the look of Mark now :o)))))
Looks like you are having a fabulous time in SA! The weather has been great in the Cape, not so Joburg. Rather chilly here...
Must be a great feeling after the eye operation. Enjoy the new feeling!
You are so brave, I really would like to do the same and get rid of the glasses.
The advances in medicine are just amazing, how lucky are we to have this option in our lives. So pleased it's worked out well for you!!
Beautiful pics! We have this plant growing on our roof (DH planted it some ten years ago) but we did not know it's called Desert Rose. Where is yours growing?
Congratulations on the bravery to undergo the op, enjoy its results now to the full.
Blogless Me
I would like to have it done. I have a coworker who had it done and has had it redone about 5 times now. She still has to wear glasses. She is one of the rare folks that it did not work on.
Congratulations!! Love those succulents.
A friend of ours had this done a few years ago and he said it was the best thing he ever did. Brilliant xx
Well done you! That's one thing I'd love to have done.
Check out my blog, especially last Sunday's post.
The succulents are lovely...and sure whsh I could have seen Rosies when we drove across the Karoo. Loved the pictures though. Brings back memories.... mostly good ones. Hope you are taking it easy. Saw where you are knitting up a storm for the SA scarves. You are so good.
So glad the surgery went well! And those desert roses are gorgeous, with or without glasses!
Post a Comment