Friday, 13 February 2009

Delightful to be done


Not done, done, but until I think about borders, my Double Delight is done. At least now I can go away and not worry that when I come back, I'll need to work out which bit goes where etc etc...

I've had another great post week. Joyce (no blog) who won my giveaway sent me a gorgeous scarf that she had knitted to say thank you to me! Amazing! Amazing!



I wore it straight away and even got a compliment on it! I shall have to do more giveaways LOL. Joyce also made a superb ATC with some of the extra bits I threw in to her parcel.


Thanks Joyce. (No blog!)

And Vicki W sent me some 6"rose squares for my rose hexagon quilt.


I only need 4" squares, but I would never complain about those extra 2" :-)
Thanks Vicki!

I am preparing for my blog break and actually quite looking forward to it. I actually sew more when I blog less (funny that!) So although I will still check my email while we're away, I won't be blogging much. We still have some time before we're off and if I get myself organised, I may manage another post or two, if not I'll 'see' you all in a few months. I hope to bring a few African fabrics back with me, so if you fancy swapping, let me know.

In the meantime, my thoughts go out to those affected by the devastating Australian Bush fires.

15 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Love how your DD came along! Have a great break...look forward to hearing from you when you get back (and don't overdo it on that leg!)

Sio

Vicki W said...

Your quilt is looking great! I hope you have a great trip - we will miss you!

Brenda said...

Your double delight is spectacular! It is on my to do list. I hope you have a fabulous time!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

WOW - your double delight is fabulous!!

Contented Caroline said...

Lovly quilt - good luck with your blog rest. I quilt more too when not distracted by blogging!!!

maria said...

The Double Delight quilt is incredible.You must be very patient to do all those blocks.
I am collecting 12.5inch star blocks to send to an appeal to make quilts for the victims of the Bushfires so if any of your UK readers fancy donating a block or two for me to send there are details on my blog.Hope you don't mind me asking.
Have a great time away, Maria.

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous quilt, beautiful scarf, really looking forward to seeing you when you get here :)

Julie said...

Your DD is gorgeous. Have fun on your trip.

Lynda said...

Double Delight is wonderful! It reminds me of a Victorian stained glass window!

Unknown said...

I am already beginning to miss you :(

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing...you did a great job putting your DD together.

Enjoy your time away...hope it is a restful break for you...you certainly deserve it!

Ginger said...

Wow, it looks fantastic. Is it as complicated as it looks? I sew little enough without a blog - I spend too long reading without adding in posting about what I haven't been sewing!

Enjoy your break.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW how nice that you got a scarf in return for a give away!! Very very nice!!!

Sarah said...

Have a fantastic time away!

Great to see so much done at your place - omgosh!

jovaliquilts said...

Congrats on finishing up! It's really a stunning quilt.
I hope you have a wonderful trip to South Africa! Keep in touch if you can, but otherwise we'll see you on the blog when you return.