Just a quickie to say:
"We have a winner"
Congratulations Cheryl from Jovaliquilts who guessed 40. The answer was 41 and no, I wasn't hiding any in the bag!! Before they are basted, they are quite flat which made it hard to guess :-) As Cheryl was the closest she wins and has chosen a selection of African fabrics.
I will pick another winner from the other comments once I've had a chance to work out how many entries each one has... BUT at the moment there are more pressing matter such as clearing ALL the kitchen cupboards for removal (eek!!), preparing the junk room, ummm I mean, spare room for my mother's imminent visit (double eek!!), clearing my sewing space and current work area (aargghh!!)!! Lots of clearing and sorting and minimising Soooooooooo....
If you quilt for charity and could use orphan blocks, ugly blocks, strings, crumbs etc please leave a comment or send me an email saying what you can use and I'll see what I can do for a few of you. I have to have a big clearout and don't want to throw anything away that can be used. Lynda, I hope to find those food fabrics for you and then send you those other belated bits... Sonnja I'm sure I can find something for Beertje Zonn...
I have not been reading blogs, but hope to catch up when calm sets upon us and there's no photo because this house is just too much of a WIP for me LOL.
Joyce, thank you for reminding me of the bigger picture. We do live in beautiful surroundings, I just need to look out the window more!
8 comments:
Your life sounds VERY BUSY right now!
Oh my you are busy. Hope that you have loads of energy. I would love to have some of your extra fabric that you do not want. I make charity quilts for local charities. It is always wonderful to add scraps to my scraps and make loads of scrap quilts.
Yay!! I'm so happy to have won -- I love your African fabrics. Thank you so much. :)
Wow, you are going to be busy! I hope your Christmas Market went well? Your bathroom (last post) looks lovely, I think I could happily sew in there if all the other romms are still being built:)
I guessed wrong :( I can´t imagine you have ugly blocks laying around, you do such a great work.
I've got an idea for some Linus quilts that take 6" or smaller orphan blocks...if you have any of those that need a home.
J
I will take crumbs (as small as 1" square) if no one else wants them!
I am in the middle of a house remodel as well, DH isn't moving too fast on the finish part, however. I am so sick of DUST, I could choke (literally) It never ends, it seems. Hang in there, it looks beautiful so far.
I'm like you, quilting seems to be the thing I like best and the first to be put on the back burner when things are busy. Hang in there.
Post a Comment