What is this hard white stuff I find on my car in the morning? The stuff I have to scrape off before I can drive DS1 to school? Frost???? Normally we are like the Swallows who fly South, but this year we are the Robins...
Are we crazy??? It's bloody freezing! I just hope it snows properly so that we get that 'white Christmas" the kids are dreaming about.
As the Seasons and this house changes so does what I can acheievably create. With the arrival of my Mom, I will focus on handwork. Piecing together my hexagons and handquilting my BQL Ostrich.
There is still sickness in this house. I am finally, after 10 days of cold, feeling better, but poor DH is still going through his share of it. Better go make him a cup of tea!
10 comments:
Glad you are feeling better. I've had the same cold for two weeks myself - just can't seem to totally get rid of it. Winter is a great time for handwork!
....a cup of tea with something in it - he's got to gt back to work on the house! LOL!
I hope you will ALL get better soon. I know what that white stuff on the car in the morning is :)
Hope you all are feeling better soon! Looked back at your BQL Ostrich quilt, it is beautiful. Enjoy your time with your mother. Have a great day.
Your photos look like "picture postcards" to me. You live in such a beautiful place!! I can't wait to see some snow photos.
So sorry you are still dealing with sickness!!
I agree wt Julie. The Dales are real picture postcards. Thank you for posting a couple of more photos. Special treat for me!
Hope you all feel better soon.
rgds
Boy you've really suffered with the sickness haven't you!
Hope the cold weather helps to kill off the germs and that you have a good visit with your mom.
I feel for you on the sickness junk... I'm recovering from some nasty stomach trouble, and all I can think is - nobody should feel this cruddy.
Ooh, but that little guy of yours is a smart and funny boy. Your gonna need to keep that fireplace warm and cozy as winter settles in. Hope you get past that cold bug that has taken over your family. When my girls were little I always figured that a snotty nose was far preferable (and according to your sons booger removal method, probably more fun, LOL) to the throwing up sickness that comes with winter. Yuck, huh? It's 15F here this morning. Snow on the ground and all things winter are settling in for a good five months to come. Plenty of quilting time here in Minnesota. Take care!
Having moved from the south to the North (I live in West Yorkshire now) I have noticed how much colder it is up here, compared with the very mild winters we had in Dorset. The frost may look nice, it does have a picture postcard quality about it, but it's freezing! Not nice.
Regards
Sue
Post a Comment