Well, the answer to that is a resounding NO. Resistance was futile. I lasted one day. I have decided to blog this confession because
a) fellow bloggers made me do it LOL
b) I could smell the gum in the parcel and it was calling me...
c) I don't care that I will have nothing to open on Christmas day. (People who hate surprises don't care about such things! LOL LOL)
and
d) You are all making me feel bad with your congratulations, thinking that I am holding out!
Here it is, and it's so pretty!! Love those roses!
And it was full of loveliness...
Thanks Sharon!!! Sorry Donna (and of course the real Santa), but a girl's gotta do...
This week the whole family has been full of cold, so it was wonderful that the boys got great mail from Cheri. She sent them the most lush fleece blankets with John Deere tractors and signs. They arrived when the the boys were sick (DS1 in particular) so they went down well.
The other one has been stashed and every time I try to take it out, it gets put back in it's special place. My son is a hoarder!!! Now, where does he get that from???
Thank you so much Cheri. Cheri mentioned chocolate in the parcel, but I didn't see any. Ok, I did, but...
Moving right on... I said I'd pick another winner for my belated 200th post giveaway. Cheri won the African fabrics with the closest guess, so I got the old Random number generator out to pick a winner for a tote or evening bag. It came back with Kate, but as I have just sent Kate another tote for her 40th(!!!!) Birthday, meaning she now has 2 totes and one evening bag made by me, I thought I'd better pick someone else...sooo....random generator again....
Well done Ginger Curls (no blog)!! I'll send you a bag of your choice from a selection and thank you all for playing!
15 comments:
Great to see the photo of your DS curled up in the fleece! Since you said they love John Deere, and we live right by them, how could I resist?
Your SS gift was great! I don't think I'm going to wait for mine, either.
Poor sick baby! He looks like he loves that blanket.
I love your gifts! I knew Sharon wouldn't disappoint!!
I don't blame you for not waiting - I don't think I'll be any better when my SSCS arrives!
The John Deere blankies are just the ticket - he looks so cosy in there - you're such a naughty girl - not saving that parcel til the big day! :o)))
Tut, tut, tut! Naughty girl. But such a nice gift. :-)
Hope the boys are all better soon.
Oooh, thank you! It's the first blog gift I've won, I may need to start a blog so I can reciprocate!Your SS bag looks lovely, I can't blame you for not waiting, I don't think I would either. Poor DS, it's awful to see them poorly.
lol........see blogland keeps you honest.......lol.......your parcel is beautiful from Sharon......
I opened mine early last year too - just couldn't resist either. What lovely goodies - lucky you !
I won't tell anyone, I wouldn't be able to not open the package as well. The soft blanket looks like it's being used well.
Love the bag and congrats to the winners.
How fun! I love the quilt in your header - so colorful. Just blogsurfing today, its always fun to enjoy blogs. You're lucky you have a cool accent, too, being from that part of the world and all (my best friend in college was from south africa and all the boys were in love with her for her accent and she was beautiful of course). keep quilting!
Leah
I hope you are all getting better. I bet they were happy to get those blankets with JD tractors.
I forgot to say how lovely your SSCS present is, mine hasn´t arrived yet!
What a great secret santa prez! Your little boy looks so angelic under his new blanket...
How nice to know that santa put on first on his list!! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. These colours brings back the sun to wet but lovely Yorkshire. I lived in West Yorks for some time and still have FANTASTIC friends there. It is a lovely part of England. Your blog is full of ideas. The title is fun and of course I love the pics from Yorks (can you post some more of the Dales?):) Ta
lovely bag and lovely goodness!
Post a Comment