Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Occassionally I quilt

Not only do I send and gratefully receive a lot of parcels, but sometimes if all is right in my sewing world, I get to quilt a little something too...



This is the Miniature Booty quilt that I made Toni (a-la Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts).



I put far too much chocolate in the parcel and so it weighed a ton. Because of this fact, I stupidly sent it surface mail and it sadly took forever to arrive. Thankfully it finally has and so now I can show it.





Unfortunately due to DH getting a move on with the renovations all creative sewing has pretty much ground to a halt! We are like the Higgledy Piggledy pigs, living in a higgledy piggledy house! (See, I read far too many children's books!)



And mummy pig is right "it's not a muddle! It is a pigsty" LOL



We have an almost completed bathroom next to an old kitchen.


(Before tiling above and after tiling below!)



We also have a work in progress utility room next to a stripped bedroom and nowhere to put anything!!!!



Apparently a new sewing room will be my reward for living like a Higgeldy Piggeldy Pig LOL

14 comments:

Toni said...

Once hubby is all done the renovations, you are going to live in a palace!!

What a cute book! I haven't read that one.

Thank you again Karol-Ann, the chocolate is very much appreciated and hiding from my girls (I did share a little with them :)

Jo in TAS said...

Be patient, it'll all come together. I too am bathroomless, lucky we have a spare shower downstairs but in cramped quarters. I'll post a pic of the state ours is in tomorrow :-)

jovaliquilts said...

Ooooo...a new sewing room would go a long way toward making one feel better about the mess!

Your swap quilt is lovely -- and the backing fabric is, too.

Vicki W said...

You have my deepest sympathy - living through a home remodel has to be one of the most stressful times of all.

Ginger said...

LOL, I keep writing down the titles of books you post about! Cute picture of DS2 hiding in the bath.

dutchcomfort said...

Very cute quilt!!

Living in a house that’s being remodelled takes a lot of patience and chocolate!!

I would love to have a sewing room. All the sewing clutter is in my little design studio! Imagine all the dust I discover on my computer-screens... LOL!

Anonymous said...

DIY and renovations are so tough...it will be well worth it when it is done...just think of all the blogging fodder you will have with the before and after pictures! :o)

Unknown said...

Yes at last we get to see what you made out of the pirate fabric, it is great.

Jodie said...

But what a great reward it will be!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the new bathroom - looks like you are making great progress on the renovations!!A new sewing room sounds like heaven!

Julie said...

Living with renovation is such a joy!!!

Ruth's Place said...

Love your little quilt!

Just think how lovely it will be to be able to show us completed before and after pictures!

Brenda said...

It is a great renovation in progress. Your quilt is great, soon you will have a new room to create in all the time!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the quilt Karol-Ann and renovations what can I say...be patient...LOL...if will be fantastic when it is all finished..