Saturday, 22 November 2008

November Bag

11 down and just one more to go! I can't believe I have kept up with the BQL Bag challenge, but somehow I have and I am very pleased too.

A big thank you to Kandy who has designed ALL the previous patterns and who has taught me a few things about my sewing machine (I had never FMQ'd with my machine before!!!) and who has provided me with presents for wonderful friends along the way!

As this house has developed my sewing space has moved from one spot to another. At present I have no spot, but at least I have my handwork rose hexagons and a new plan....

Carolina Lily
by Marti Mitchell


has got to be one of my all time favourite patterns. After purchasing the pattern and reading through the instructions,

I am seriously considering doing this as my next handwork project and English paper piecing the blocks using precious scraps...

It will probably take me years this way so we'll see how I feel when the roses are finished first!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're right to go with English paper piecing for all those Y seams

I've always loved Carolina Lily too and its on my to do list too

Julie said...

Marti Michelle lives fairly close to me, in the Atlanta area. She did a workshop at my guild once that I attended. She is very nice.
I just love Carolina Lily too. Maybe one day!

loulee said...

Does this mean the roses are nearly finished?

Brenda said...

Your bag is as delightful as always. You should be very proud of yourself for doing one a month! The pattern is gorgeous and would make a beautiful hand sewn quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'd really impressed that you stuck to the BQL challenge...There can't be many left from the original 100+

Unknown said...

This is a beauty. Is the rose block all pieced by hand?

Katie Z. said...

How many hexagons do you think you've sewn together so far?

Pascale said...

I love all the things you make Karol-Ann, they are wonderful. I haven't finished my bag yet, but it is on its way. I still get the feeling that you are sewing quite a lot even during the work on the house.
Pascale.