But I have made a start on my BQL bag for November...
I have also been re-housing some blocks and surplus scraps to bloggy friends.
And I 'may' (LOL) have purchased a new quilt pattern. I hope to use it to include those recent yummy fabrics from Nicolette, the great shirts that some of DH's friends gave me when we were in London and some of the gorgeous fabrics my friend Helen brought back for me from India... More to come, when the pattern arrives. (I know, I need a new project like a hole in my head LOL, but I want to use up special fabrics in a pattern I have wanted to make for ages!!)
I may not have too much time to quilt, but I can still spend lots of time thinking about it!
Here's the latest on the house:
Kitchen cupboards stripped out...
(I can't show a pic, it's too depressing!)
And re-fitted in the utility room....
At the moment DH is putting down the floor, but I'm not allowed in... either he wants to surprise me or he's making such a mess that he doesn't want me to see LOL!
The new bathroom is getting put to good use...
And I've almost found the floor in the spare room so Mother will be pleased :-) (Counting the days until she gets here!)
10 comments:
Hmmm, I think you should think positive thoughts - DH wants to surprise you:) Is the utility going to be the new kitchen or is it just temporary whilst the real kitchen is out of action?
It looks like the house is coming together well!
Progress!!
Love all the bench space you have in your new utility room!! Good to see you are still finding time to quilt - very therapeutic!
Chin up girl and keep cracking the whip - lol ! Took my new bag to quilt group last night and it was very much admired. Very jealous ladies there :-)
I know the feeling that you have to use special fabric to special pattern and dreams are something no one can take from you. When does your mother arrive?
That is a very cheeky face. He's onviously enjoying the new bathroom very much.
I'm sure it will be worth all of the stress once it is done, have a few days out with mum, do some retail therapy, that will help.
Your utility room kicks my utility room in the rear! It's going to be fabulous! (Mine is in an unfinished basement that is known to flood in June!)
your home is going to be soo beautiful!!
OOooo giving out scraps? Here I am thinking the same thing, time to move my scraps out the door!!
Yah for bathtime!! :)
The utility room looks great. It is really moving on. Hip hip hooray!
Post a Comment