Thursday, 6 November 2008

A bit of this and a lot of that!!!

Thank you Elsie for this



Elsie wanted some heart inspiration for the table toppers she made for a conference. I love hearts and pointed Elsie to a few sites... As a thank you, Elsie sent me one of her gorgeous heart themed table toppers... seems I'm the one owing a bigger thank you now!!



Love the rose backing fabric too!


And thank you Caroline for this



I love this beautiful poppy! It reminds me so much of my Dad. Walking along Wynberg Main Road, South Africa as a child. Dad buying a poppy and explaining its significance. I coveted Caroline's poppy and Caroline was kind enough to send it to me. I broke a commandment, (although I think it should be ammended) "Do not covet they neighbour's goods" (except when they are a quilter!!!). Caroline also included some lovely rose fabric - so beautiful. I have been in rose heaven of late....!
Caroline does the most amazing crochet flowers and garlands. Go check out her blog!


This all cheered me up because, I came home from playgroup to THAT!



And now our kitchen looks like this....



I don't like it like that LOL



Today I had an interesting hospital appointment. More to come, but in the meantime here's DS1 wearing the attractive throwaway hospital gown I had to wear for my consultation...



Yesterday I had a short 3-and-a-half-hexagon-basted wait at the Orthotics department and today I had over an hours worth of basting wait at Orthopaedics. I won't say how many hexagons I managed to baste today as that may give away my giveaway... But I am under the impression (that all going as suggested) in a few weeks I may have lots of time to sew hexagons...

19 comments:

PiecefulChaos said...

You coy girl you! Please don't keep us in suspense for too long!

Vicki W said...

The hearts are great! Put that somewhere in yur kitchen so that you look at it and not the kitchen.

jovaliquilts said...

So curious about the lots of time to sew coming up!

Very sweet of Elsie to send you that heart mat -- backed with roses no less!

trash said...

Hmmmm. is last comment a sign of a good thing? I can't tell. Hoping all is okay with you.

dutchcomfort said...

I hope you’re doing better than your kitchen!?

Anonymous said...

Lovely treats in the post...
Hope your waits aren't too long at the doctors and that whatever the matter it isn't too serious...at least you've got your hexagons to keep you company.

Ruth's Place said...

I hate being in suspense!!

What a lovely table topper, I may have to pinch that idea...oops, seems I just broke the Thou shalt not steal commandment...

Elsie Montgomery said...

Karol-Ann, I hope things are okay with your health too. I'm smiling because I never realized that rose fabric would be special to whoever wound up with this little quilt. I'm so glad that you like it.

You like hearts and roses... I like poppies and zebras. Don't know how to combine the two, but like you say, this could be just another distraction that adds more UFOs to my growing pile! LOL

bless you!!

loulee said...

Sweet treats. Lucky you.
How long is the kitchen to remain like that? How long is the rest of the house to remain like that?

I do hope lots of sewing time DOESN'T mean a spell in hospital.

Ginger said...

That's a beautiful table topper. I agree with Vicki - put it in your kitchen to distract you from the mess.

Unknown said...

The poppy is beautiful but not your kitchen.

Julie said...

I am glad the postal department has your packages to keep them in business!

Katie Z. said...

Mmm... not liking the kitchen so much, but at least it can only get better from here... right? I hope your medical business goes well.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh my that kitchen has got to get better. LOL!! And the little guy in the hospital gown is too cute.

Brenda said...

Beautiful gifts you received! Hope all goes well with your doctor visits; your little guy looks super posing.

Knot Garden said...

I'm pleased you like the poppy. The heart table topper is gorgeous.
All this talk of hospital appointments - hope everything's okay!

Kim said...

Great quilty things, kitchen in progress looks good to me, hours spent in a doctor's waiting room not so much. Sounds like you will put the stash to good use while creating hexagons. What's going on?

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful blog! Certainly feel like I've gotten to know you better seeing your family, home remodel (certainly had my fair share of that--ugh!!) and, of course, your exceptional quilting skills. Your health issue/s do concern me and praying for your speedy recovery.

Clare said...

Hope the health issues aren't too serious. By the looks of things you will need a break to get away from that kitchen!

Can you let me have your address please. I've got some Poppy fabric I think you might like.