We had a lovely visit, but becasue DS1 had missed their arrival because he'd been at nursery and had been a bit confused at their departure he came up the stairs later and said "where are the friends?" So although he hadn't been that social, I think he had enjoyed the visitors as much as I did!
DS2 was a lot more social...
Here we are braving a few raindrops for a photo op with my very generous gift from Anne
I was so delighted with this beautiful quilt.
I had seen Anne making it on her blog and just loved it. I joked that I hoped it was for me, and it was!!! I have been stroking it and you know when people say it looks better in real life, well it does. Much, much better! The colours work so well together and I love all the different fabrics and the beautful applique. I pinned it to our curtains for the photo and liked it hanging up so much that it's still up in the lounge at the moment and I'm enjoying it immensely. Thank you so much Anne!
I made Anne this very little sewing caddy gift seen in a past issue of Popular Patchwork magazine.
The front...
And inside
(the reflection is off a tiny chocolate bar)
Although today (and most of the weekend) has been rainy, Friday was glorious so we went to Underley farm in Kirkby Lonsdale to "pick your own" strawberries...
DH does the picking...
DS1 does the quality control (with friend)
And the children enjoy the swings and play area...
I had hoped to bake Anne a pie, but settled for chocolate brownies and fruit cake as the strawberries and most of the gooseberries managed to mysteriously disappear :-)
16 comments:
What a fantastic visit...and aren't you lucky to get that quilt...doesn't Anne do the most beautiful work!
OMG Karol Ann - I am SO jealous you got that fantastic quilt from Anne. Aren't you so lucky ? Sounds like a great visit.
Looks like a good time was had by all - and what gorgeous gifts you both received!
I think Anne is very talented, and you are so lucky to get that quilt. It must be great to meet bloggers that you "know".
Wow, you met Anne B., from the heart-quilts.. That’s sounds so wonderful! Her quilt for you is gorgeous, and so is your bag!
Back home safely - so lovely to meet you and your family, thank you so much for your hospitality (hope to return the favour some day) and the lovely sewing holdall - glad the quilt has found a good home :o)
I saw Anne making that as well and thought it was beautiful and what a perfect person for it to go to!!
Sounds like a wonderful day indeed!!
OOooo strawberries look pretty and yummy (though I don't like them personally :) I'll take some blueberries though!
I love swings!
What a fun day!
Looks like you ladies had a wonderful day! And that quilt Anne made for you is fabulous!
Looks like a great visit, lucky you to get one of Annes quilts. She is so clever isn't she.
I wonder who ate all the fruit? Perhaps the quality controllers.
Lucky pair!
Looks like you had a great time and visit. That stawberry looks so good from here. Sweet and juicy.
Lucky girl :) I've been watching the progress of that on Anne's blog and it's really lovely, isn't it!
The bags look nice, too, and don't stress the teacher will never know the geese are upside down unless you tell her :)
How fun! I loved that little quilt too. What a lovely day.
What a fabulous quilt, I would hang it up also. The sewing caddy is unique that makes it extra special, looks great. Strawberries always mysteriously disappear around our home also. Thanks for sharing!
Hello, The quilt of Anne is beautiful and you made a beautiful gift for Anne.
Lovely photos of the children.
Kind regards,
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
Post a Comment