Friday, 11 July 2008

Two birds, one July bag...

Each month we need to make a bag for the BQL Bag Challenge to qualify for the next month's pattern. Each month I either learn something new or get to practice something I need to work on. Slowly, but surely I am gaining (a bit) more confidence to machine quilt.

Last month, I made my bag (twice) for DS1's nursery teachers. This month I was told that one of the children's playgroup leaders is retiring so I decided to make the July bag for her in Dick & Jane fabric by Michael Miller.

Here it is...




Now I have no more of this pictoral fabric left which is a pity, but it was also nice to use something that was so appropriate for a playgroup leader :-) and it's good to use stash and not just stash it LOL!

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely bag Karol-Ann!

I always feel sorry when nothing is left of a fabric I really love!

Luckily I always find new one I love and it keep the circle going!

Unknown said...

This has come out so well in these fabrics - perfect for someone who works with children

Unknown said...

The fabric is so "cute", both of them.

Jo in TAS said...

I luv those fabrics, they remind me of when I stayed at my Granmother's when I was very young. She was a teacher and there were always Dick and Jane books to read!

Julie said...

Fantastic bag! I have a problem using favorite fabrics - I don't know why I am saving them and not using them. I need to work on that!

Brenda said...

Magnificent bag! You are so right the fabric fits the occasion to the tee.

Kim said...

Love this bag! They design frames the story on fabric perfectly. Which fabric is this exactly?

Toni said...

How cute! What a great use for this fabric! I like it!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bag. I think you executed the July bag beautifully...certainly one of the prettiest I've seen so far. Hope the playgroup leader likes it!! I love the fabric...might be something about the name of it ;o)

jovaliquilts said...

I sometimes have trouble using fabric I love, too, but sometimes you just gotta. Now you'll enjoy it every time you use the bag.