Thursday, 10 July 2008

Pincushion perfection!

Thank you Caryn for my wonderful pincushion parcel received yesterday (in the hugest box ever LOL).



Caryn was my secret swap partner and she excelled herself in the pincushion stakes!!
Look at this beautiful pear!



Now how am I supposed to stick pins in this??!!!



But that wasn't all, Caryn also made me this yummy pincushion...


Good enough to eat! I love the little seed beads all over it. Gorgeous!

Still that wasn't all, Caryn had been lurking on my blog (as I had done on my partner's blog) and sent me these wonderful rose fabrics for my hexagon rose project.


They are super.

Thanks also to Linda who hosted this well-organised swap. I enjoyed both sending and receiving as well as meeting fun new to me bloggers!

16 comments:

antique quilter said...

What a lucky girl you are!
they are beautiful
I LOVE the pear and well the cupcake is just too adorable for words!
great fabrics for your project too.
Kathie

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely gifts!

I can do with some roses today. It’s raining cats and dogs for 5 days in a row now! All those Dutch people with kids celebrating their holidays on wet camping-grounds...
This morning the wheatherman said that the rain comes from Britain, so please stop the showers!

Unknown said...

The pear is stunning, wow it is so beautiful. How nice of her to send you all these goodies.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful box full of goodies. Her pincushions are just goregeous.

Vicki W said...

The pin cushions are fantastic - I love that pear! I wouldn't be able to stick a pin in that either.

Unknown said...

Both gorgeous pincushions - but I do agree that pear is far too nice to stick pins into

Anonymous said...

The PEAR pincushion is fantastic. I must find the pattern for that. I am not "into" pincushions however that is so elegant, so beautiful. They are both just lovely. Lucky you!!

Brenda said...

The pincushions are fabulous, how lucky you are! Plus all the extras that is wonderful. Swaps and getting acquainted with new bloggers are always rewarding.

Jo in TAS said...

Beautiful pear and cupcake, definitely too good for pins!
Thank-you too as I've got a third participant for my PIF! HHmmmm, now what to make????

Donna said...

Beautiful pincushions. Too pretty to use!

Beertje Zonn said...

Wow,what a lucky girl you are!
Beautiful fabrics and pincushions!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands

loulee said...

The pear is stunning, I quite agree, I couldn't put pins into it either.
What a huge haul of goodies, lucky girl.

Karen said...

Lucky you to get two pincushions. I don't know which I like better. Maybe the cupcake. Looks yummy!

Kim said...

The pear and cupcake are delicious! How kind and generous of Caryn to send the fabrics as well.

Alison said...

oh wow, both pincushions are just lovely!!! and all those extras!!! you lucky lady!!

Toni said...

wow--how beautiful!!! I wouldn't put pins in that either!! What a nice box filled with goodies!!