Saturday, 19 July 2008

The Mac is back!

At last a new charger! To replace this damaged one:


I hated not having my computer, but I did gets lots of other things done *LOL*

This means I can finally thank Kate for an African block for our swap


Kate also included some goodies... the dog paw print is for the boy's dog quilts (WIP's!) and the roses is because I just lurve roses! And the Black & White leaf print is because Kate knew I had my beady eye on it! Thanks Kate!

(While I was typing this I looked down and look at this!!

The fabric on the left is from Kate and the fabric on the right is my skirt *LOL*)

Also in the post this week, a magazine and some great bits (fabric, a pattern, a wonderful card...) from Wendy. Thank you for swapping with me Wendy!



Wendy and I swapped the magazine I wanted for a kitty pincushion. I had been reading blogs and everyone was making the tea-towel bag in this magazine so I had to try it...


I didn't have any nice new (large) tea towels needed so I just tried it with fabric and it's quite fun...

Also in the magazine, a new one for my 'To do list' (someday before I die *sigh*!!!)


I just love these colours and it's a favourite design too!

On the bag front, we had a leaving 'do' slash teddy-bear's picnic for Sue who has now retired...
Kids...


Cake...


Gifts...


I think it went well...




I bought myself a book. I love books. This one has great pictures and before you belly-larf (!) even if I never put it into practice it's quite an interesting read...


The weather has been abomnible (sp) and our poor garden is quite flooded


So I won't be rushing out to 'grow my own veg' just yet, but at least I'll have a little think about it LOL

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karol-Ann, Thanks for your good wishes for my forthcoming holiday to UK. I will also be visiting your home country! We will be there for the Jo'burg Quilt Fest. in Sept. My SIL and her quilt guild are the organisers.
At least you have rain! We are still in drought but have had rain everyday for almost two weeks so here's hoping it is finally going to break. There is nothing like home grown veggies. Great way to get kids to eat them too.
Cheers for now,
Jenny

Unknown said...

The first step of doing something is to think about it!

Julie said...

My garden is too dry. It looks like "they" would find a way to even all the moisture out! LOL. Dry here in the South (USA), flooding in the Midwest, dry out West with constant forest fires. And that is just on the northern part of my continent!

Unknown said...

Oh Karol-Ann - I wish I could send you some of our sunny South-Western weather - it is glorious down here - as I'd say in Yorkshire 'the sun's crackin't' flags' (flags = paving stones) Sarah has gone to the T4 on the Beach music festival at Weston-super-Mare today - hope she doesn't get sun stroke and the other two have the scouts raft race this afternoon so mum's been playing taxi as per usual!

jovaliquilts said...

Glad you can use your computer again! I sometimes wonder what I used to do before I had one. :)

Hope you get to use that vegetable book for more than reading soon. That yard looks like it's hard a good bit of rain!

Brenda said...

I have helped others with their gardens before, but this is the first year I planted my own tomatoes and bell peppers. Did you know that they grow very well in planters also. Thanks for sharing all of your photos I really love the rose fabric.

Pascale said...

I always love your blog, you have so much to show. Hope you enjoy a bit of summer...

Wendy said...

Wow you made the tea towel bag already, it really is very cute. Thanks for a wonderful swap.
Good luck with your garden.

corry said...

Wow, lots of pictures and so many things to tell! Welcome back in cyberspace, what is life without blogging (lol)?

Ruth's Place said...

I have a 'one day' list I guess most of us quilters do.

I'm growing my own veg - it's lots of fun, husband digs, I help plant, then he weeds and waters and I pick. It's a great system.

Kim said...

Books are such treasures! I think we learn from them, enjoy them, dream of doing something that resembles what we see there and maybe if the wind blows the right way we might even put some of the knowledge we gain from them into practice...or not, and, that's okay. :)

Kim said...

Fabrics and magazines, oh my, bits of inspiration you have there. The retirement party group was so cute.

Sarah said...

The beauty of blog land - all these treats and great opportunities to meet and share with many people. You are such a busy girl producing all these wonderful things.

I LOVE your pear from a few blogs ago. I know a website where I can order it... Just have to get through what I have first!

margaret said...

Is that a BQL July bag in the 3rd from last pic.....??!