In the meantime, here's a little poem I wrote about my limited sewing time. I loved writing poems as a kid. Unfortunalty I still write poems like a kid!!:
AFTER EIGHTTime is limited, I have to wait
For the boys to go to bed, it's normally after 8
Then I go unpack her, I like to hear her hum
Time to be myself, then I'm more than just a 'Mum'
I sew my bits and pieces, I'm in fabric heaven
But I don't have long to play, 'they' get up again at 7!
Still a few hours, of just me and my Janome
Means my life is full, of sewing, kids and home
Although I don't sew very much, it's still some time for me
A stitch here, a seam there, moments of fabric revelry
...pathetic, I know, but life isn't always Oscar-winning LOL
16 comments:
I love the poem and After Eights are one of my favorite chocolates!
What a cute poem and those candies look yummy!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes you're tired out, I know,
But in time your boys will grow
And you'll have plenty of time to sew!
nice little ditty. and nice to "meet" you. I popped over from a blog link. come visit me in california sometime.
www.laughingduck.typepad.com
I don't think it's pathetic at all - it just sums up what it's like trying to excavate some 'me time' from the mountain that is being mum to two lively small boys
Your poem is wonderful,it actually brought a tear to my eye (it must be the heat). You could have been writing about me (and many others i suspect). The bit about the Janome is even the same.
Maria x
Your poem describes being a mother of young children, life is all about taking care of them but before you know they are grown up!
How sweet. My kids are both at a day camp today and won't be back until tonight. I have machine-quilted 2 wall hangings so far!!
It’s not pathetic. Being a mum can be exhausting. Being a mum to two little boys even more! Being a wife of a house- and garden- make-over- constructor can wore you out! LOL!
Take care!
I love poems and yours is going in my file. I remember when my girls were little, it's been such a long time, life was the same for me, up to my neck in Momminess, interrupted sewing at the kitchen table. Between tending to "this and that need", I sewed little dresses and pinafores for my girls.
Very Cute I like your poem, hope you find enough energy to do a little sewing soon,
those chocolates look good - Yum
Kerry
Oh you talented lady! Your poem is great and after a hectic day with two children, it's a wonder that you can think straight let alone write poety and sew.
Keep up the good work.
Jen
So glad to see that you are finding ways to be creative even if it isn't with a needle.
I LOVE it! Very well said. You packed a lot about your life and feelings into that poem. I'll bet the poems you wrote as a child were pretty good too.
I wonder how you manage the energy to still sew after 8pm, I am drained by the timeall the girls are in bed.
Love your sewing and your blog.
Pascale
poems are just another extension of our creativity! :) And what a great subject to write about! I love After Eights. I remember when we lived in the UK, we had them all the time--my mom's weakness.
Post a Comment