Wednesday, 12 March 2008

BQL Bag challenge(d)


Here is my March BQL Bag Challenge made from some recently purchased fabrics from the Hilltop Quiltshop in Swellendam. I was really proud of myself that I have used fabrics that I recently bought instead of just 'stashing' them away for another day. These dyed fabrics were such fun to use! I don't think they'll last long. I will have to start dyeing my own fabrics (I must I must!!)

I was a bit challenged making this bag and so a bit of reverse sewing was unfortunately required :O(

Oh, well at least it's made an I'll enjoy taking it to the supermarket with me :O)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This month's bag challenge has been such fun and some of the colour combinations in the pictures from everyone are delicious - these are gorgeous fabrics you've used

Anonymous said...

Looks really good!

Lynda said...

The bag has turned out beautifully and is the perfect way to showcase those lovely fabrics. If you haven't tried it before, dyeing in the microwave is easy and instant. I can let you have instructions if you're interested.

Unknown said...

That is a great bag.

dutchcomfort said...

Love the bag and the fabrics!

YankeeQuilter said...

I think the bag looks wonderful! I made an extra shopping bag for each of our cars so we can reduce plastic. My DH wants one that doesn't look "so girly!" Maybe I will dig into my handdyed (I refuse to buy fabric with golf clubs, bags, or balls on it!!!)

Knot Garden said...

I love the colours of those fabrics, they make a really nice bag. I'm sure that will make shopping more fun.
Thanks for visiting my blog:)
Caroline

Ruth's Place said...

The bag looks great, and I love those fabrics!