My brother and his family came for Christmas and New Year’s Eve and now my Butterfly Blossom quilt (Bonnie Hunter’s Pineapple Blossom pattern) has gone to it’s new home when they left on New Year’s day. We enjoyed having them to stay and when they left I asked them to hold the quilt up over their balcony so that I could get a good shot of it…

At the moment we have my great friend Jeannette staying (www.unite.co.za).
She always comes with such energy and enthusiasm (except that she’s napping now LOL). Jeannette also came with her laptop!!! So at last, a hopefully semi-decent blog entry!! If you have commented or emailed and I’ve not replied, I do apologise, but I have such very limited internet access at the moment which allows a quick email check and that’s about it!!!I miss reading all your blogs, but I am enjoying the days here… which start early with the children waking up to the bright sun so we all just get up and go for breakfast at one of the nicest bakeries/coffee shops in the world! Il de pain serves a killer breakfast with poached eggs, spinach, bacon…. Then DS2 sleeps so DS1 and I play or go to the nearby park or whatever, then lunch, then DS1 & 2 nap (yippee) The heat takes it out of them. Then dinner and an evening beach trip or a little row with the inflatable boat of my brother’s. I am not tanned and gorgeous (LOL) because I tend to stay out of the sun during the day – it really is quite hot here when it’s hot. We go to the weekly Friday market for dinner (DS1 likes to get his face painted there)

and on Saturdays we often go to the Farmer’s market, Sundays involves our ‘usual’ breakfast and a walk around the Thesen Island market. There is a lot of craft about.
Well, that’s about it as I’m being summoned to get in our inflatable so anchor’s away and speak soon :O)
12 comments:
You are staying at such a wonderful place! Thanks for describing your days.
Your quilt looks stunning!
Have missed your chat Karol-Ann - looks like you're having a wonderful time and the butterfly quilt looks marvellous
Quilt looks great! Glad to know you are having a good time.
I will google Thesen Island and read all about where you are holidaying, have fun and enjoy,
Looks like a fantastic place and it sounds like the children..and you are having a wonderful time!...sure beats the icky British weather!
Its so lovely to catch up on your day to day activities.
We're all missing you guys like mad - wish we were there too!!
Loved the pic of Mark and Jack - soooo cute (Jack that is not Mark!!!).
Nice quilt too - (have to put that in really don't I!!)
Well, cheerio from wet, windy, cold, dark England.
Kisses and hugs for everyone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How nice to hear from you and know that you are having a great time. I miss you.
Yes - we're all missing you. Lovely to catch up with your news. Take care xx
Envying you enjoying the sunshine, when it seems to have been non-stop rain and flood warnings here! the butterfly quilt looks fabulous. I'm always surprised at how different quilts look when you see them from a distance - the subsidiary patterns really show up well.
The quilt is beautiful....and Knysna looks gorgeous as well.It is a lovely place.We have had power cuts all week....it is most frustrating.Counting the days to having reliable electric! Colleen, Queenstown South AFrica
Hi K-A looks like your having a great holiday, Sunny today here Saturday just waiting for the boys to come over then off to feed the ducks. Pikey fallen and broken her leg She's doing well and is at home Josie's quite poorly in hospital the rest of us are doing great. We've just booked for a Nile Cruise on 31st March for a weekand a red sea resort for another week for David's 70th Birthday so will miss your return have fun Vicky
Karol-Ann- your PIF pressie to me arrived! THANK YOU ever so! I love it!
Post a Comment