Late night quilting!
I am just back from a late night shift at my studio
trying to catch up with customer quilts.
I drive to my studio after the kids are in bed,
quilt until I can't anymore, come home and get ready for bed
so that I can get up in the morning to get the kids to school and me to work.
My days are too short!!!
This customer quilt has been made by a lady
who trusted me to longarm quilt 4 other of her gorgeous quilts
that were needed by Christmas and this last one was made up with blocks
started by a fellow quilter who sadly passed away recently.
I believe this quilt is to be raffled to fundraise for the hospice
that cared for the fellow quilter in her last days.
Every quilt does indeed tell a story.
This one of loss, of friendship and of the threads that bind us together
if we are prepared to find inspiration in each others creativity.

1 comment:
And I think the creation process helps us cope with our grief. My Dad passed 4 days after Christmas and I am still trying to work in a little time somewhere for the creative process.
Post a Comment