Thursday, 7 January 2016

Bookshelf Quilt


I was asked by a friend to make a quilt
for her mother who is an author....


I hand painted all the book names...


and paper-pieced a few items 
to add interest to the quilt....


I enjoyed the project
especially asking my friend and her father
all about the recipient of the quilt....


Apparently it's been very well received


and I can strike it off my secret project list :)

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love this type of quilt! You did a nice job.
Are any of the recipient's titles on the shelves?

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt!

Lynda said...

You must have had fun making this, and what a great result!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilt--am sure the lucky author will treasure it

NannyBee said...

It is a beautiful quilt. I'm sure it was a lot of work, but it must have been fun to see it all come together.

ruthsplace said...

What a wonderful quilt.