Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Hello Blog My Old Friend....

.....It's time to talk with you again!


I don't quite know what's happened to me.
I've always been busy, but my life has reached new levels of busy-ness.
February just flew by with a trip to sort out my Mother's flat
which turned out to be a mammoth task...


We're awaiting a shipment of sentimentality soon...

[I was reading with Miss Kalico the other night
and she saw a picture of an aeroplane and she said:
"Mummy went on an aeroplane to Africa. It was sad" :'( ]

*****
I keep wanting to take photos of things I'm doing,
but the change in Seasons means that if you blink you miss photo weather....

(Spiderwebs get worked on now and again....:)


*****
The biggest change after my Mom passed away
was that I got a part time job.
I needed a job, the lack of sleep 
and the horrible flashbacks were making the days and nights very difficult.
I think Mom would have been pleased....
It's just a few hours a week with a lovely bunch of people
and a great boss (this may sound a bit creepy,
but when you've spent the last decade looking after your kids
you need a special job with great workmates 
and an understanding boss to break you back in ;o) )

Sewing has taken a bit of a back seat,
except I still sew pretty much every evening (as I always have).

I have been working on 2 tractor quilts....


And I finished my 'Luna Lapin' kit
from coolcrafting.co.uk

 I don't normally buy kits, but this one is so cute.

She's been adopted at work,
so I have made her a 'work' outfit:
 with fabric from our Spring/Summer ranges....
and tiny heart buttons on the back.

*****

There has been much Easter crafting in this house:



And Easter baking:


I love letting Miss Kalico decorate the cake herself:


And 'to the victor the spoils' so to speak

*****

I will try not to leave it so long.....
.....until next time xx



6 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely to hear from you again. Busy is good.....I'm sure your mum would want you to be grasping life with both hands. Love your bunny, hope you all have a happy Easter,

Vicki W said...

I'm glad yo are enjoying your new job! I've been thinking that I should find something to get me out of the house more regularly. Looks like you are ready for Easter and I love the tractor quilts!

Janet O. said...

Good to catch up with you again.
I hope the job helps you feel like life has normalized a little. You had quite a trauma and it is understandable that things are still difficult for you.
Looks like lots of Easter goodness at your house.
Love those cute tractors!
Most of all--love those cute faces! : )

ruthsplace said...

I'm glad you've got a great team to work with in your new job. I've started a new job too and have sewn once since I started :(

Love the tractor quilts they are very cool.

Beverley said...

Glad to see you back. What is your job? IS it sewing related?
The tractor quilts are lovely.

Kim said...

Happy to see creativity and family bliss happening at your house. 😃