Friday, 7 November 2014

Quilt Talk

Last week was the school half term holidays.
The week went past in a blur of entertaining the 3 Kalico kids...
A trip to visit an old Aunt in Manchester 
and then the Trafford Centre (ugh!),
A trip to Bolton Abbey to do the Pumpkin Trail,
A Halloween Party... etc etc
and in the midst of it all
I went to visit Levens Quilters to talk about some of my quilts..

My friend snapped a few shots of me
showing the only 2 unfinished quilts I took along,
(not the 23 finished ones LOL!)

I shall finish my Carolina Lily quilt one day.
Entirely hand pieced including the borders...

 And my mom's UFO.
Also entirely hand-pieced and no borders
(or a single straight edge to help me decide how to quilt it!!!!) 

It was a busy week 
and now that the children are back at school
I hope to find the floor and some time to quilt!

Happy November everyone.
Not many sleeps 'til Christmas!!!
(Which is another reason 
why I don't blog much at the moment....
too many secret things in the make!)

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like life is full!
I'll bet you did a great job. Wow--that is a lot of finished quilts to pack along with you!!
Have you done anything more with your Mom's top since you last shared it? I'm curious what you will end up doing with it. : )

Chookyblue...... said...

that would be so lovely to see all your quilts together.......well done.........