Finally, I can dig my head out
and blog a little...
Summer has been a great time for creatures.
Creatures in the house however have NOT been great.
This cat is on probation for Mousing!!!
(Trying to find a mouse under the sofa
at one in the morning is not my idea of fun!
Not finding it is even worse!
Wondering for a few days if the half a mouse
outside the back door was the same mouse is no good either LOL!)
*****
The school holidays are finally over and the little people
in the Kalico household are (mostly) back at school.
I didn't get much sewing done over the school holidays,
just a few dresses for Miss Kalico.
I cut a new dress pattern for her
and although it's a little on the large side,
she'll grow, and these dresses can be whipped up
in a day...
Great for playing (and potty training!)
I made a reversible dress:
Roses on the one side...
And baby cord with a pocket
on the other side...
*****
We had a week in South Wales: fabulous!
Family time is just so precious.
The other few weeks we were around and about locally...
and just enjoyed the lovely weather...
A friend (and fellow blogger)
and her family came to stay....
It was great having 'Southerners' to stay with us 'up North'
as we got to do some great walks and explore our local surrounds.
This is the walk from Clapham to Austwick
and I had never done it before...
In Wales we'd done a 'herb walk' at the Botanical gardens
and I'd learnt that these were Burdock pods:
Nice and sticky LOL.
We all walked through the tunnels to Clapham
that were built by the local landowner many years ago
so that he didn't have to watch his workers walk home...
Bit of a cheek, me thinks! But a nice walk.
*****
And now that the kids are out of the way ;o)
I have been able to quilt again
And why, yes, before you ask,
Miss Kalico does need another quilt :o)
I cut the binding without measuring to check I had enough,
as I sewed the first side and a half on, I remembered I was going to measure...
But it fitted. Phew!
With only a small piece left to spare!
*****
The next quilt is ironed and ready to be loaded.
Oh, I do love my Longarm machine!!








8 comments:
Looks like a lovely summer- I know one week of it was pretty nice, as I was there, but the rest of it looks fun too :)
Wish I had a longarm!
This summer, my daughter spent 5 weeks at Oxford University. She loved England, but was ready to come back to NC. I think she got to go to Yorkshire, too. She brought me back a tin of Oxford tea!
Sounds like a lovely summer but glad you are back on the blog!
Good to see you back--looks like a very nice holiday!
oh time to get back into the swing of school life........lovely quilt and dress.......
Binding not measured but found to be enough?! What luck! Did you buy a lottery ticket too?!
Looks like a wonderful walk! The dress is very cute...sure she will grow into it quickly!
Nice to see your post and read about your summer. I have to agree South Wales is pretty special. I love Pembrokeshire...just a wonderful part of the country.
Post a Comment