Thursday, 11 September 2014

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

A finish!

Single bed quilt.

Quilted with 'Swirling Daisies'.

These pictures were taken 
in a friend's lovely English Country Garden...

inclusive of local farm life ;o)

I think her sweet little dog
thinks I'm mad ;o)

*****

I've also finished some more little girl's dresses.

This one was inspired by the blue lace 
I bought from Coolcrafting.

I couldn't resist putting spotty buttons on too!:

 And these 2 new dresses are for Miss Kalico and her friend.

She kept nagging me to make her friend a little dress
so here it is... (or here they are!)
and looking at the 2 dresses, it always remind me of the book
by Julia Donaldson: ' Sharing a Shell':
"2 friends sharing a shell under a sky of blue,
romping all over the rockpool 
in their wonderful home for 2" (or something like that!)...
And I keep thinking when I see these dresses:
" 2 friends sharing a dress under a sky of blue,
romping all over the playground
in their wonderful dresses for 2" 
(or something like that LOL)

5 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Beautiful dresses and a stunning quilt. Sharing a shell is a great favourite in our house too.

Lynda said...

The quilting is perfect for the design. The dresses remind me of very similar ones I made for my daughter - cotton for summer to be worn with a t-shirt or nothing underneath, and then needlecord for winter to be worn with jumper and tights. Ah, those were the days!

Beverley said...

Beautiful dresses, quilts and garden. Well done. Bev x

Carol said...

That quilt is great for a bed...simple design, I like it. And the dresses are adorable.

Plum Cox said...

What lovely quilting and a lovely quilt! Great dresses too - you must have more patience for garment sewing than I do - and what lucky girls they are!