Sunday, 25 March 2012

An Update for Mother!

My mother, who has finally (after all these years)
found my blog complained that I'm not blogging enough
so this is very photo-heavy
and word light...

My 2 quilts are ready for collection
at Chris, my Longarmer so I am feeling the pressure
to get the backing made up for my rose hexagons...
I'm going to piece the backing with a recently purchased piece of fabric
and some rose fabric scraps.
I had planned on piecing the entire backing,
but I don't think I have the time and I would love
this quilt finished sometime in my lifetime :)

*****
Our tickets arrived for:
'A Day with Ricky Tims'.
Vicky and I are looking forward to hearing him speak!

*****
Love my doors,
here's one in Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria:
Here you go Mom!:

*****
DH is getting some babysitting practise in, 
in preparation for my upcoming leg surgery.
Yes, one more attempt at fixing this darn leg of mine :(
Baby-Kalico doesn't mind who pushes the buggy as long as she can sleep!

*****
She's now 5 months old...
And enjoys gumming the odd carrot...
Although she's not really on solids yet.

*****
I took her to visit an old Aunty.
And she brought lots of smiles...
It's lovely to be able to share her love!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

The Rose quilt is lovely!
I know you are a busy Mom, but I appreciate your Mom motivating you to share more photos with us. Baby-kalico looks like a charmer!

Diane-crewe said...

lovely pictures... should keep your mum happy... lucky you getting to see Ricky Tims xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Stranger! I'm so glad your mom sent out the search party for you...I was just about to send one out too! :o)

Baby Kalico is looking gorgeous! I bet she fills your day with lots of smiles and giggles.

Gayle and Rob said...

The generational photo is too precious. I find that those in retirement homes and nursing homes always enjoy visits from babies - they always reach out and gently touch those soft cheeks.