Monday, 15 November 2010

Autumn Colours

I finally downloaded some of my Autumn photos...




I heard an 'urban legend' the other day, that if there are lots of berries around it will be a cold winter. There are lots of berries around!!!!




This picture was taken shortly before we needed a change of clothes as he got soaked!:


But he had a great time and we all enjoyed the walk from our favourite cafe to the playground where the other photos were taken...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

From childhood I've always been told if the berries are plentiful it will be a hard winter as nature's way of feeding the birds - not sure it always rings true but it took 15 minutes to scrape the ice off my car this morning which is very early in the year, especially in the usually balmy south west - of course time will tell :)

Brenda said...

Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing.

YankeeQuilter said...

Is there such a thing as a rural legend? I mean what do city-folk know about berries?! Thanks for the photos...can never have too many English sheep photos!

Joyce said...

Hope life is treating you well.

The berry thing has been proved to be a myth. (I used to be told it was nature's way of feeding the birds in a bad winter.) Things like lots of berries and the way the leaves turn in the autumn are a reflection of the weather earlier in the year, particularly spring. Late frosts or other things that restrict blossom lead to fewer berries.
Best
Joyce F (no blog)

Toni said...

I should just mail you my quilt to take pictures of in your backyard! I love your nature pictures!!

Unknown said...

And how has the winter been, cold?