Turns out it's not a Desert rose ahem, but the above succulent is indeed a white Mexican Rose or Mexican Snowball, Hens and Chicks or in fact: Echeveria Elegans
Many fine examples in gorgeous pots can be found at Pret-a-pot (http://www.pret-a-pot.com/) in Plettenberg Bay...
On the crafting front I have been drawing quite a bit and love it. Mother was going to teach me to crochet. We bought a hook and some red wool. I don't think I love it. It looks such fun and Mom says it's really easy, but it makes me feel all fingers and thumbs :-(
I shall admire from a distance I think...
6 comments:
I have an unidentified tree growing in my front yard. One gardener says it is a swamp oak the next just says weed "cut it down." I guess I am just excited it lasted through the drought and looks healthy. I think it will stay at least through the summer...
Lovely pictures!! You should be glad you don’t like to crochet...LOL! Or do you need another addiction?
These do look like a rose! I had Hens and Chicks growing in my garden at one time, but they died off. Not enough sun I think.
Crochet is all thumbs to begin, but that goes away after a bit. Knitting was the same for me but now I'm down to it being one thumb, lol, as I do not practice often enough. My daughter made a red wool bag for me, crocheted and then felted and it is GORGEOUS. So crochet is worth the trouble...so long as somebody else is doing it!
Take me up on that outstanding visit to Taunton and I'll teach you to crochet :o) It's not all fingers and thumbs honest!
I think that is a rose too.
Gelukkige Moedersdag!
I am sure you can learn to crochet. Just practice.
Post a Comment