Monday, 23 February 2009

Beertje Zonn: Bears in the air

Please, please think positive thoughts... that all the little bears lovingly made, by Sonnja of Beertje Zonn, for the young rape and burn victims, and those affected by AIDS who are being treated at a South African hospital make it safely to South Africa.


Once they arrive Ruth & I will make arrangements with the lady from the hospital for the bears to be handed out to those special little babies and children. (My husband commented that I cry during Grey's Anatomy (a hospital programme on TV), so I'll try and be strong!)

12 comments:

Toni said...

sending positive mailing thoughts!

Andrea said...

I'll keep everything crossed for you - those children will love them I'm sure. I cry at everything too - my kids don't even turn an eye now although after 20 years I still surprise Jason with my tears. You let go if you want to girl - lol xxx

jovaliquilts said...

Who wouldn't cry at even the thought of those kids? Such absolute horror. I hope the bears arrive safely; I'm sure that cuddling them will give the kids some comfort.

Eva said...

They should! They have to! Too cute. Made to comfort.

Unknown said...

Thinking positive :) it is unbelievable how many bears Sonnja has done.

Pinktulip said...

What a fantastic idea! I am positive that with such love behind the gesture it MUST arrive safely!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I can't wait to hear about those bears going out. And I always cry at GREYS' .... love that show. So glad you all are going to get them out. Will HOLD THUMBS that they arrive safely.... *S*

Julie said...

If you are like me, I can be strong when I am facing someone in person. But seeing something on TV or a movie makes me cry like a baby!!
I am thinking good thoughts.

dutchcomfort said...

Thinking about those kids makes me cry! Sending positive thoughts for a safe trip for all the Beertjes and for all of you!!

Pascale said...

How you managed to fill 2 big boxes is amazing,such a great achievement. We'll miss you when you are gone, I'll think of you when I watch Grey's Anatomy. I love this programme.

sewkalico said...

Regarding Pascale's comment, can I just say, that I have not made the bears. Sonnja makes ALL the beertje Zonn bears by herself for disadvantaged children. Well done Sonnja!!!!!

Kim said...

Sonnja does make a lot of those bears, she never flags. So onward and upward - they will arrive in time for your hospital visits - just wish there was no need for them other than for the simple joy of having one.